Mansions of Madness Second Edition
- Mansions of Madness Second Edition
- Mansions of Madness First Edition (Recurring Nightmares)
- Call of the Wild (Suppressed Memories)
- Forbidden Alchemy (Suppressed Memories)
- Beyond the Threshold
- Streets of Arkham
- Sanctum of Twilight
For most of the miniatures that we modify, we like to replace the bases they are shipped on with clear acrylic bases. We've found this to be quite affordable when purchasing from a company called Litko. They make quality replacement bases in many shapes and sizes. We like to replace them because we think it looks better and we like being able to see the game board through the minis' bases. We prefer the round ones, and use various sizes depending on each mini's needs.
Mansions of Madness Second Edition Miniatures Details
These are the first miniatures we ever painted. We have painted all of the monsters and a couple of the investigators. We started painting these before 2nd Edition was announced because it was going to be our learning/practice set. However, since 2nd Edition was released, this has climbed the ranks to being one of our favorite games. So, we prioritized finishing these. We do not plan to complete the rest of the investigators right away. We are going to paint the heroes for other games that have much fewer of them to start, and will work our way back to this title.
For this game in particular, since monster bases usually carry their stats and abilities, we just use a reference sheet that has a scan of all the monster tokens on it when playing.
For those interested, here are the exact base sizes we used for these minis:
- 1.5mm x .75in: Cultists, Cult Leaders, Priest of Dagon, Wizard, Thralls, Zombies, Ghosts, Children of the Goat, Witches, Dark Druids, Goat Spawns, and Night Gaunts.
- 1.5mm x 1in: Hounds of Tindalos, Investigators, Deep One Hybrids, Child of Dagon, Hunting Horrors, Byakhees, and Maniacs.
- 1.5mm x 32mm: Riots