World of WarCraft: The Board Game
- World of WarCraft: The Board Game
- Shadow of War
- The Burning Crusade
Fully Cooperative Variant
We have found that it is sometimes, or even usually, better to play this game fully cooperatively instead of as 2 factions. You can read about our experience using this variant here. This will eliminate downtime (normally experienced while the opposing faction is taking their faction turn), keep the gameplay exciting, and reduce total game time dramatically (by roughly 50%).
- Setup the game with only 1 faction.
- Anytime your faction draws a quest card, also draw one for the non-existent opposing faction. Only spawn the blue creatures, if any, for the opposing faction's quests.
- If any card abilities come up where the opposing faction could effect your faction or players, simply ignore these effects.
- Your faction is always considered the "stronger faction".
- Utilize time token rules from The Burning Crusade expansion (time track wraps to the beginning, no final PvP or end-game)
- Moving the time token 2 spaces, instead of 1, at the end of your faction turn would be more balanced, but not necessary.
Note: This variant only supports 2 or 3 players.
This app's main goal is to allow players to keep a "base count" of their dice, any dice they get without spending resources, when they acheive higher levels. This way they won't have to count them out each combat.
WoW BG Companion App
We created a few fix-it stickers per the Errata listed in the FAQ. You can print them to a sheet of Avery 8.5" x 11" full-sheet label paper, cut them out, place them on the effected components, then seal with mat acrylic sealer spray. It works quite well.
Kelsam's World of WarCraft The Board Game Errata Fixes
This PDF is 300 DPI (suitable for printing)
Common Insert Design Goals
For each insert we create, we have a few "common design goals". They are:
- Reduce setup time as much as possible
- Have separate component trays for "setup components" and "gameplay components"
- Allow for vertical box storage without components crushing each other
- Fit sleeved cards
World of WarCraft: The Board Game Insert Details
Coming soon! This is the next insert on the list to create. You can snag a sneak-peak at the end of this blog post.